- The standard library’s String module is somewhat lacking in terms of functionality.
- Containers has an expanded String module, with iteration functions and so on. Containers strives to be backwards-compatible with the Stdlib.
- AString: another implementation of expanded string functionality, with less regard for standard library compatibility
- Bigstring: On 32-bit platforms, OCaml strings are constrained to 20MB sizes. This library allows one to handle strings of any sizes, and also to handle C-style strings as if they were OCaml strings. Built on top of BigArray, and supports memory-mapping.
- Bigstring/af: another implementation of a string overlay on top of BigArray, with similar benefits. Emphasizes speed.
- ez_subst: Library to perform substitution on strings.